5 Self Care Must Haves For Busy Moms
Self-care is all the rage right now everyone’s talking about it. Self-care means its something you do deliberately to take care of yourself. It encompasses actions beyond the basic ones we need to meet for survival. Self-care can help us feel healthy.
Moms with younger kids sometimes can go a day or two without having a real shower. Who has the time to do their hair and take care of their skin?
After I had one of my kids, I aged so poorly in the first year that it took me two years of daily skin care to get rid of some wrinkles I got. I bathed and did nothing else for myself for over a year. I had no help and had little time to take care of myself.
If you're a busy lady or fellow, kids or not certain self-care tasks are not plausible for us. We just do not have the time.
Here is an essential list of some self-care items that we overlook that can help us not only look better but feel better about ourselves.
1. In the shower, moisturizer is something you use at the end of your shower. Some you have to rinse off and some you don’t, but I feel I feel it’s a step that I usually wouldn’t take if I got out of the shower. It is working for me; it’s helping with my eczema it makes you smell better especially if you get a scented one. I prefer the Curel in shower lotion.
2. Because I’m a busy mom and take very quick showers, I make a priority to take one or two longer showers during the week. During that time I kill a lot of birds with one stone. It’s the first item I use to multitask is a good conditioner that you leave in for 3 to 5 minutes. I don’t usually condition my hair if you’re anything like me this helps give your hair some TLC it didn’t get during the week.
3. In shower facial mask. There’s a lot of them out there the Aveeno one I like because it’s cheap. It works. It also exfoliates. I always put on my face mask and my conditioner at the same time. Then I shave my legs. I don’t have much free time I always multitask.
4. You need a good comprehensive skin care product. Find a serum or moisturizer that refines pores, fine lines, or whatever your skin needs.You don’t have to put five or six different skin creams on at night just get one that meets all your needs. They are out there and sold in the drug store.
5. The last item is a sleeping mask. The great thing about these if you only have it a couple of times a week. I got one recently that exfoliates, helps clear up my skin, and moisturizers. A sleeping mask could be a literal lifesaver if you don’t have the time to exfoliate and moisturize. So far I like this Pumpkin Enzyme mask by Too Cool For School and Sephora's Rose sleeping mask.
Since self-care means to care for yourself and do things to help revitalize yourself. If you’re busy and you don’t have the time to take care of your skin and hair it will catch up with you quickly. Dry skin is not comfortable especially on your face or your legs, especially during winter. Brittle hair that breaks it’s not fun.
There are many multi-tasking items that you can use to enhance your self-care routine that is inexpensive and will help you feel good about yourself.
The pictured products are what I use personally. This post is not endorsed or sponsored.