5 Self Care Must Haves For Busy Moms
Self-care is popular right now. Self-care is something you do to take care of yourself. Self-care encompasses actions beyond the basic ones we need to meet for survival. Self-care can help us stay healthy and sane.
Moms with younger kids sometimes can go a day or two without having a real shower. Who has the time?
After I had one of my kids, my face aged so much in the first year it took two years of daily skin care to get rid of some wrinkles I got. I bathed and did nothing else for myself for over a year. I had no help the first year, and it was hard.
If you're a busy lady or fellow, kids or uncertain self-care tasks are not plausible for us. We do not have the time.
Here is an essential list of some self-care items we overlook that can help us not only look better but feel better about ourselves.
1. In the shower, moisturizer is something you use at the end of your shower. Some you rinse off and some you don’t. I feel it’s a step I wouldn’t take if I got out of the shower. That is working for me and helping with my eczema. I prefer the Curel in shower lotion.
2. Because I’m a busy mom and take quick showers, I make it a priority to take one or two longer showers during the week. During that time I kill a lot of birds with one stone. It’s the first item I use to multi-task is an excellent conditioner you leave in for 3 to 5 minutes. I never condition my hair if you're anything like me this helps give your hair some TLC it didn’t get during the week.
3. In shower facial mask. The Aveeno one I like because it’s cheap. The Aveeno mask exfoliates. I apply my face mask and my conditioner at the same time. Then I shave my legs. I have little free time I always multi-task.
4. You need a good comprehensive skin care product. Find a serum or moisturizer that refines pores, fine lines, or whatever your skin needs. You don’t have to put five or six different skin creams on at night just get one that meets all your needs. They are out there and sold in the drug store.
5. The last item is a sleeping mask. You only have to use it twice a week. I got one that exfoliates, helps clear up my skin, and moisturizers. A sleeping mask could be a literal lifesaver if you don’t have the time to exfoliate and moisturize. So far I like this Pumpkin Enzyme mask by Too Cool For School and Sephora's Rose sleeping mask.
Since self-care means to care for yourself and do things to help revitalize yourself. If you’re busy and you don’t have the time to take care of your skin and hair, it will catch up with you. Dry skin is not comfortable on your face or your legs, during winter. Brittle hair that breaks it’s not fun.
There are many multi-tasking items you can use to enhance the self-care routine that is inexpensive and will help you feel good about yourself.
I think people forget how much a shower can help you feel human again when you are a busy parent. The most significant part of my self-care routine is bathing and exercise. To do these daily, I neglect other things and sometimes that makes my life harder because I fall behind. However, I cannot take care of everyone else if I am not taking care of myself.
Keeping my home clean and organized is also part of my self-care routine. I need a clean and organized space to function, but I also need to take care of my body, so some days cleaning wins over a workout at the gym. Do what you need to be happy. If that means a bath or reading a book, then do it.
How do you practice self care?
The pictured products are what I use personally. This post is not endorsed or sponsored.